Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another new year, another list of goals. I am doing things differently this year. My husband got me the DVD "Biggest Loser Last Chance Work out." I did day #1 today. It says on the box "Lose up to 30 lbs in 6 weeks", so we are going to see how much I can lose in 6 weeks. I'm not going to approach my "losing weight" resolution with diet. I'm going to approach it with exercise, and as much of it as my body will take. I'm not saying I'm going to work out for 2 hours a day and then go home and eat pizza. I will still continue on Weight Watchers and track my daily points. I'm just amping up the exercise. I want to see how much I can actually lose in 6 weeks if I do the work out as laid out on the DVD. Six days a week, for about 45 mins a day. I will also add some extra cardio in on days that my daughter goes to school. She likes to go to the gym to play in their daycare so I will do about 45 mins of cardio on those days. I will continue to tell myself that it is only 6 weeks. If I can get through 6 weeks of this, I will be extremely proud of myself.
My thought process is this: I can't seem to get my eating under control 100%. So, if I work out a lot on most days, and only blow the eating a couple times a week, I will lose weight. Once I get started on a program, I can usually get myself motivated to stick with it, so I'm not especially worried about the eating. I still have a lot of junk in my house from the holidays that i need to get rid of. My husband will flip out of I throw it away so I need to find someone to give it to, or very slowly eat it. I'm specifically talking about some spinach/artichoke dip I have. OMG, that still is SO GOOD. I'm the only one eating it and I've eating half a tub over these last few days which is probably a pound. I need to get rid of it. Since he doesn't eat it, he probably will not notice if I throw it away.
I also have one other little obstacle. My husband's birthday is tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can find some single size servings of cake so we aren't stuck with a whole cake to consume. My husband also wants to start being healthy (although he doesn't have weight problems, his issue is cholesterol) so I don't think he'd argue about one piece of cake.
I'm not starting this year with a super hyper motivation thinking I'm going to lose 50 lbs in a month. I'm approaching this like a marathon, not a spring. I will lose 50 lbs by the end of the year. That's 12 months to lose 50 pounds. Totally doable.
I have a feeling I will be going through withdrawals over the next few days. My SIL just went back home to VA leaving behind TWO BAGS of her home made chocolate covered Oreos. Dammit. I've been eating so much this past week that I know I will crave chocolate and other crap for a while. Hopefully seeing progress on the scale will help.
OH, one other HUGE thing I am doing is forcing myself to drink 8, 8oz glasses of water a day. I have totally gotten out of that habit and I need to start. My skin is so dry and I am thirsty all the time. It is SO COLD here and drinking water will help me in so many ways.
So, Happy New Year and I hope whoever is reading this will have a healthy, happy 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment