Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is one of my favorite meals. I've been making it a lot lately, Lots of veggies and just a little bit of rice. I also make my own sauce. I have a WW book called "Meals in 5 ingredients or less" and they have a recipe in there for stir fry shrimp. I don't always make that, but I make the sauce because it is a lighter version of bottled sauces. One thing I've noticed about eating healthy is everything has such a heavy sauce on it. Once you stop eating all that salt and sugar, it doesn't taste very good.

I did the LCW with the upper body sculpt today. I couldn't quit finish it. I would say I did about 95% of it and then had to stop. Some days I can power through just about any work out and other days I can't quite do it. I'm still proud of myself.

I was complaining to my husband today about the scale not moving. (Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to weigh myself anymore, but I just can't do it) He said to think about a plateau as you'd think about breaking out of prison. If you have a 10 ft wall to bust through, you don't know that you have 10 ft ahead of you. You just do the work and someday you will get through. I could be at 9 ft right now and will never know that I only have a one foot to go before I see the results I want.

I'm not anywhere close to giving up. It might be my imagination, but I see results on my body. I see the muscles forming, I feel how much easier doing push ups is getting. Shaving my legs while standing up in my shower stall is much easier. My clothes are fitting much better. I am making progress, just not on the scale. It will come. I know it will and I'm going to keep pushing myself to do more and more.

One more thing I started doing that might help. I am adding more veggies and fruits to foods I prepare. For instance, I added mushrooms and onions to my egg substitute this morning. I added pineapples to my stir fry last night. I am adding more filling foods to my meals so I won't be hungry an hour after I eat.

Another thing I wanted to mention is I've beaten the odds. Most people give up their resolutions by Jan 21. I haven't given up! I'm still going strong! It feels good to know that I've beaten the odds and still going strong!

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture - it makes me hungry!

    Thanks for adding the spaces in between the paragraphs, it makes it so much easier to read.

    I like your husband's analogy about the 10 foot wall, you don't break through it all at once. So true about so many things, including weight loss.

    ReplyDelete