Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm not going to number the days anymore because apparently I can't count. I've got 2 Day #3's. Oops. So, I'm at the end of week #1 doing the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout. Surprisingly, I am still sore most days, but not as sore as I was the first few days. I notice after doing this DVD for 5 days that my form is getting better so I think my muscles are working harder. Tomorrow is the last day of week #1 and I am really proud of my progress. Now I know that I have to do the same thing next week. Make time EVERYDAY for this work out. I've lost 3.5 pounds this week. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be 4 pounds. I would be thrilled to lose 4 pounds a week for 6 weeks. I would be almost 25 pounds down and firmly into the 190's. I haven't been there since my wedding 10 years ago.
I am also controlling my eating pretty well. I took my daughter out to dinner tonight and made some really good choices. First, I started with a salad with ranch dressing. For the first time ever I dipped the fork into the dressing and ate the salad. I was shocked at how good it tasted. I am a person who drowns their salad in dressing. I was so happy that it tasted so good and that I didn't drown my salad this time. Then I had a chicken breast with cheese on it (yes, cheese is not good, but it's ok because I worked out today and ate very little before this meal), mashed potatoes with no gravy or butter and plain corn. I ate half the chicken and half the potatoes. The only problem is we ate really early (4 pm) and now I'm getting hungry. I have to figure out something to eat that is healthy. I have to do this before I get too hungry and don't care if it's healthy or not.
Tomorrow my husband and I are going out to dinner alone. I am eating pizza at a really good place and I'm going to enjoy it. I am going to work out earlier in the day and make good choices throughout the day, then I will eat pizza until I am satisfied and I won't feel guilty about it. At least it's really good restaurant pizza, not cheap pizza that is hardly worth the calories. I have always given myself a cheat night when dieting. When I'm not dieting, every night is a cheat night, but when I'm dieting, one night a week is good. I've worked hard this week and I deserve it. Remember, this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. If it takes me an extra month until I hit my goal because I take cheat night, so be it. I will not deprive myself every day for the rest of my life. To me, that's not living.

No comments:

Post a Comment