Monday, January 18, 2010

Week #3 and it's not what I thought it'd be. Let me back track a little. Last Thursday I decided that it was time to jump on the scale. Full of hope and thinking I had lost at least 2 pounds, I was devastated to see that I had GAINED a half a pound. I was truly devastated. Really, honestly, ready to cry. I worked out every day, doing both the LCW and doing at least 45 mins of cardio. I was sticking to my WW points daily. I was at my wits end. I spoke to a couple of people about my gain and they said the usual "It must be muscle gain. You are doing great!" I'm sorry, but that is bullshit. Let's just say I should have lost a pound in that week. That would mean that I gained a pound and a half of muscle in one week?!?!?! I really don't think that is possible. I have no actual facts to back that up, but even Jillian Michaels can't help me build that much muscle in one week. I still do not know why I gained instead of lost weight.
I came to the conclusion that what I was doing was not working. I had more success in week #1 and I was just watching what I ate and working out like a maniac. This week I have decided to do a combination of both. I'm watching what I eat, but if I go over a few points I'm not worried about it. I am working out, but there is no way in hell I am going to work out 11 days in a row again. Not gonna happen. As a matter of fact, I took today off. Not intentionally, my day just got super busy and I couldn't make it to the gym. However, I do plan to go the rest of the week.
Have said all of this, I have to say that I am extremely proud of myself. Last week I was disappointed to find out my body did not produce the results I wanted it to. Yes, I was sad for that day. But, the following day I realized that I can do this. I will lose the weight. It might not be 30 lbs in 6 weeks, but I will reach my goal this year. I cannot fail. The reason I cannot fail is I want to work out. I want to watch what I eat. For the first time in my life, being healthy is starting to come natural. I would never dream of going to McDonalds for a double cheeseburger. That used to be a weekly if not twice weekly habit. I have broken several of my bad habits and have realized that I just feel so good when I'm being healthy. Physically and mentally. It is just not possible to have the attitude I have and continue to lose weight. I look thinner when I look in the mirror. I feel good when I get out of bed. I am going to succeed and just knowing that makes me feel like a winner! F*ck what the scale says. I don't care! I just know I'm feeling good right now and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment