Monday, January 25, 2010

This was my breakfast this morning. These Fiber One muffins are really good. I was skeptical at first, but OMG, they are good. I have an issue with the Fiber One bars. I love the way they taste, but they give me terrible gas. The muffins did not do that. A muffin is 3 points and totally worth it. I also 2 hard boiled egg whites so I got some protein to go with the muffins without adding my WW points.


The second picture is of a chicken stew I made for dinner. It's from the Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook, pg 121. It's called "Best Ever Country Captain Chicken." It wasn't bad. It's 6 pts for a cup and a half. It has a sweetness in it from the raisins and the cinnamon. It was good, but I'm not sure if I'd make it again. My husband hasn't had it yet so if he doesn't like it, chances are I won't make it again.

I also made brownies for dessert. I got this tip at a WW meeting- take a box of regular brownie mix and add in 3/4 cups water and a can of rinsed black beans (don't use anything else. No oil or eggs). Now, I know that sounds strange, but they are really good. I rinse the beans and then puree them. I have tried it without pureeing, but I didn't like them. Someone said the beans take on the chocolate flavor, but I didn't think so. I thought they tasted like there were beans in the brownies. I got the brownie mix that has the added fudge in it so I think that added a point or two. I made them in an 8x8" pan and cut them into ninths. A brownie is 5.5 pts. However, you can either have a smaller piece or use a bigger pan to save on some points. They taste really good and you get the bonus nutritional value from the beans.

As far as exercise goes, I did The Shred DVD today and 20 mins on my stationary bike. I know I am healthier because I got through The Shred much easier than I used to. I remember the first time I did that DVD and I barely got through it. I did break a sweat today, but I wasn't panting and dripping with sweat like the last time I did it. Next time I do this workout, I'm going to go to Phase 2. I think I need more of a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I read about the black bean brownies on the Weight Watcher message boards. The reviews weren't very good, but I'm not sure if they pureed them or not. Honestly didn't sound very good to me, but you make them sound worth a try. Maybe. But I'm dangerous around brownies.

    Great job on the cooking. I think that's key, cooking good, healthy food you enjoy. I'm with you on the Fiber One bars. I can't eat them either. Plust they taste like candy to me so I want more than one. Talk about dangerous! Whew!

    Are you posting on other blogs and following people. You should have some people following you by now.

    Another place is the Weight Watcher message boards. They're really good to post comments or questions there, then your profile has your blog address in and people will follow you here. They're on the Weight Watcher website under community. When I first started I was on there all the time. You can ask any weight related you might have. People are great on there. Except stay away from the General Thread. You might want to read through it first, those ladies can be a bit mean. The 200+ to lose board is the best. I love those folks.

    Take care and hang in there. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering how the fiber one muffins were. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete