Thursday, January 21, 2010

I took today off from working out. I did clean my entire house, so one might consider that a work out. I don't. I'm trying not to feel guilty about not working out. I know my body needs at least a day a week to rebuild itself. I just hate not working out when I actually want to. My back has been bothering me since my last LCW, so I'm going to have to deal with taking the day off.
I also used some of my weekly flex points, which I don't normally do. It was probably not the best day to go over my points, but we had a babysitter and we wanted to have a nice, quiet dinner. I was very proud of myself. I ordered a salad (which ended up being 13 points!), a steak and veggies. I asked the waitress to ask that the veggies not be prepared in butter and they tasted like the were prepared properly. I really wanted the loaded baked potato, but I knew that I'd be happy with the veggies once the steak came. I was really mad about the salad. I looked up the points on DWLZ.com. I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure it said the chopped, pecan salad was 8 pts. I went to the restaurant thinking the salad was 8 pts. I came home and decided to double check the nutritional value on Outback's website, and guess what? The salad was 13 points! I was so upset at myself for not double checking it before I left! So, because of that, I had to use some of my flex points. I know that isn't really "cheating" but I feel like it is. It's one of those irrational thoughts I have in my head. I get 28 points a day, so shouldn't eating 24 points be better? Our leader always says no, but in my brain, I think that the less I eat the better.
Still not improvement on the scale but I did get validation in another way. I was walking through a store today and my pants were literally falling off. I just bought these pants before Christmas. I could not believe how loose they have gotten. I brought out the tape measure and my waist is .25" smaller than the last time I measured myself a few weeks ago. If I can get validation in other ways, I don't need the scale.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, here's the deal...you absolutely have to eat ALL your Points. It's a requirement to lose weight.

    I always eat all my Points, all my Flex Points and most if not all of my Activity Points (and that's usually another 28 a week). And I almost always lose weight and good amount.

    The way my WW leader put it to me is you have to eat all your Points, otherwise when you get down to goal and only get 18 Points a day, you simply can't live on 18 Points a day. You'll starve to death.

    I know it doesn't make any sense, but you lose better if you eat more. :)

    ReplyDelete