Friday, January 22, 2010

Got back to the gym today and I've made a decision. (validated by Diana- thank you!) I am going to start adding in my exercise points and using my flex points. There are days when I am starving and don't eat. I can't do that. My body needs the extra food when I work out hard. Especially on days when I do the LCW. We went out to eat last night and I felt like I was cheating by using some flex points. I've got to get that out of my head.
My leader once told me that the weight watchers plan was different and instead of the weekly flex points, you'd just get 5 more points a day. The changed it and worked it so you could eat them all at one time or divide them over the week. I like thinking like that. It's like you bank those points each day and you can use them daily or all in one shot.
I need to get more people reading my blog. I was thinking about it today. I am convinced that people cannot see the mistakes they are making, but can clearly see other people's mistakes. I want to ask people who read my blog what mistakes I'm making. I read other blogs and think "Why can't they see what they are doing wrong?" We all know what we are supposed to do to lose weight. Why is it so hard to see our own mistakes we are making on our own journey? I think I figured out a big one with thinking that I can not eat all my points. I also need to be more meticulous about tracking, like with the restaurant last night.
I am watching the Hope for Haiti telethon right now and it is heart breaking. If losing weight is my only struggle in life, I will take it with open arms. Sometimes we need to put this in perspective and realize that losing a few pounds is not really *that* huge in the whole scheme of things. I look at my daughter and thank God that she is healthy and our home is intact and we don't have any major struggles. I obsess over what I eat and don't really think about the people who don't have food. I think about the clothes I wear and how I hate wearing a size 18 while there are people who don't have clothes at all. Sometimes we just need to put our struggles into perspective and realize that we have it pretty damn good.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you! I'm so glad you're eating some of your Flex Points (try to eat all of them). I know it's hard to do, and hard to believe it'll work, but it will work. You can't starve yourself or this will never work for a lifetime change.

    Okay -here's how you get more followers and more people commenting on your blog.

    1.) Start following everyone that you're at all interested in

    2.) Leave comments on other people's blogs. Not just, "great job" or "way to go". A little more meaningful, something that shows you actually read their post and are interested. If you're not interested or don't have anything to say, don't just say something just to be saying something. People can see right through that. Only comment if you mean it.

    Now this is just a little hint on your blog. I love what you're writing, telling about what you're doing and thinking. But it's just a little hard to read because there aren't any line breaks in between your paragraphs. Put a little white space between the paragrahs so it'll be easier to read. I'm not being critical, just trying to help. :)

    I don't know if you've found tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com yet, but she has a ton of good blogs listed in her blogroll. Check them out, follow them, leave comments. I bet we see you're followers increase and you'll start getting a lot of comments.

    Good luck! And I'll keep checking back on you. :)

    ReplyDelete