Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day #3

I am less sore today which is a really good thing. I was able to get through day #3 without any problems. However, during the last circuit on the "Last Chance work out" I did modify because my knee felt like it was going to snap. My knees crack going down stairs. I make sure I do squats right so I don't injure them. So, when my knee started to feel strained, I did jump ropes from the previous circuit. I figured that as long as I'm still moving it would be ok. Once I get stronger, I will be able to do that circuit because my arms will be able to hold more weight. That is my hope anyway.
After doing day #3 of the LCW, I went to the gym and used the elliptical for 45 mins. Jillian's work out is really only about 30 mins and I felt like I could do more so I did. My daughter likes to go the daycare at the gym and she needed someone to play with so I went. She can go into the daycare for up to 2 hours so I worked out, showered and read a book for 45 mins. I figured that I deserved some time to read since I worked out so much and have been really healthy today. As a matter of fact, I still have 17 pts left for today. I'm planning on having chicken stir fry for dinner so that won't be that many points. I've been going over my allotted points these past 2 days so I think a day with staying under my points will be a good thing. I've lost 2.5 pounds so far this week. I realize that some of it is probably sodium from all the "bad eating" I've been doing these past few weeks, but at least the scale is going in the right direction.
I hate the cold weather and it's very cold in Michigan. I think it's 25 degrees out there right now. Since I don't like being outside, I'm going to take advantage of this time of year and work out as much as I can indoors. Some people like to do outdoor winter activities, but I'd rather have a root canal then be outside.
I was listening to a podcast today and the guy said (Scott Smith- motivationtomove.com) that statistically New Year's resolutions are broken by Jan 21st. That's not gonna be me. This will be my LAST year needing to lose weight. Next year will be all maintenance. I am sick of dealing with being fat. I am sick of not feeling well. I am sick of having to shop in plus sized store. I'm sick of it all. I'm just not doing it anymore. I've made the decision. I am giving myself the gift of good health this year. I am dedicating time and energy to do this. I will say "no" to dinner invitations if I am not sure I can get something healthy. I will not over schedule myself so I don't have time to work out. It's time to be accountable and make this a priority. I hate hearing people say "I've tried every diet and they just don't work." That is total bullshit. They DO work moron! You just have to DO THEM! You have to FOLLOW them. You have to get off your ass and exercise FIVE DAYS A WEEK!! Take accountability for your actions! I have made myself fat. It's nobody else's fault that I am fat. I have eaten myself into oblivion. I have watched hours and hours of tv. I have been LAZY. YES, a fat person actually saying they've been lazy! I am choosing to change those behaviors and by doing that, I WILL lose weight. More activity + Better food choices = weight loss. It's a no brainer. I am not a stupid person. I know how to lose weight. I have chosen to be lazy and take the easy way out. NOT ANY MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment