Monday, January 11, 2010

Week #2

I'm done with week #1 and it feels great. I am on day #2 of week #2. The work outs are getting harder even though I am doing the same thing. I think my form is improving so my muscles are working harder. I am not nearly as sore as I was last week. I know this week will be a little easier because I know what to expect. I am a little afraid of next week when the work outs change. I am taking Wednesday totally off from any form of exercise. Tomorrow will be day #10 for me and that is just too much. I am doing it and I am getting through it. I am really looking forward to Wednesday.
I did not weigh myself today. I know my period will be coming within the next day or two so I hate to weigh in and get a false gain. I have been great on my diet since my cheat night. I should be down, but I'm not going to chance it. I am doing too good to mentally psyche myself out and screw everything up.
I had a little disagreement with my friend today. She has been my BFF since 1st grade. She lives in PA and I live in MI so our relationship is mainly email. We do get to see each other a few times a year as well. Anyway, she told me how she doesn't agree with my cheat night and pigging out. I don't agree with her going out for a burger each Thursday night. I think she is being somewhat of a hypocrite saying I can't have a cheat night and pig out, yet she goes to Five Guys each Thursday night with her hubby and son. I finally realized that we have to stop nagging each other and agree to disagree. The thing I know for sure about weight loss is you have to find what works for you to be successful. You can read all the diet books out there, but if it doesn't work for you, you won't stick to it and do it. WHY do we always have to push our views on other people and insist that our way is the only way? I do it, my friend does it. Why can't we just support each other, even if we don't agree on how someone is doing something? I just don't understand why we have to be so hard on ourselves and each other. I honestly think we are coming from a loving place. She is succeeding with her way and thinks that it should work for everyone and I feel the same way about my methods of dieting and losing weight. So, for anybody struggling to lose weight, find what works for you and stick to it. Don't listen to anyone else if they don't agree. Just find something, anything that you can do consistently that won't drive you crazy and go for it.

1 comment:

  1. I just read all of your posts. You're doing an excellent job of find out what works for you. It's taken me about 54 years! :)

    That Biggest Loser workout sounds like a killer. I've read that a lot of people are doing it now. I watch the show and even though I workout almost every day, I really don't think I could do a BL workout. It would probably kill me.

    About your cheat night, if you can do that and still lose weight, that's wonderful. I wish I could have a cheat night, but it just doesn't work for me. If I have something that I don't normally eat, then I just want more of it, and more and more. Then I end up in the throes of a horrible binge. Been there, done that too many times!

    You asked my on my blog what I do for dessert. That's a hard one for me because I have an incredible sweet tooth. Unfortunately for me it's almost like I'm allergic to sugar. I can't seem to eat just one cookie or one candy bar. One cookie leads to a dozen cookies, one candy bar leads to four or five candy bars. One Weight Watcher Cookies & Cream bar leads me to eating the entire box in one sitting. Yes, I do have food issues.

    Anyway, what I've been doing this last week is if I'm really feeling like I need something sweet, I've been eating 1 cup of fresh pineapple (I buy it from Costco), 1 Activia yogurt and 1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal. That's a huge amount of sweetness for only two Points. The pineapple is like candy. This snack fills me up and takes care of the desire for sweet.

    I'm going to try to come up with some other sweet snack items, that are low Point and high in fiber. Just in the past week though, of giving up all the fake sugar and all the "diet" ice cream, I don't have the craving like I was having before.

    Sorry for the extremely long post! I practically wrote a book.

    One more thing I was going to tell you. To get some followers on your blog, post comments on lots of other blogs. That will bring them here to check you out and they'll start following you. It's kind of fun to have all the support out there. The blogging community is an amazing group of people. You'll realize you're not alone in this. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete