Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vision Board


This is a picture of my vision board:As you can tell, it still needs some work. I am trying to figure out what else to include on there. I think I am over thinking it.

If you had a vision board, what would you put on it?

I first read about vision boards long before "The Secret" came out, but never created one until last year. I truly believe in the Law of Attraction, however I don't believe in how they represented it in the movie. It was kind of hokey and if I remember correctly, they actually have a genie that represents the Universe that grants wishes. I don't believe it quite works like that.

If I post my vision board on my wall in my bedroom and look at it every morning, I am very unlikely to make a big pile of pancakes with syrup for breakfast. It is a reminder of what I want to create and attract into my life. I know that when I remind myself of the things I want in my life, I will look for ways to attract it and work towards it. I have tested this in small ways and it really does work.

In creating this board, I have realized that I need to get more specific in my thinking. I can think I want to "lose weight" and be vague about it and I get vague results. I need to start thinking about losing 2 lbs a week and actively start working towards that goal. By the way, if you think "I want to lose weight" the Law of Attraction says you will always "want to" do it and won't actually achieve it. I'm still trying to figure out specifics on what I want to do in my life right now. I've very vague in my thinking about happiness, love etc. I need to pinpoint things I want to work on and start working on it.

My daughters birthday party was a success. I can't believe it, but I did not pig out like I thought I would. I was too busy to stuff my face. I ran some games, prepared the food, served the cake and then opened presents. I gave a lot of the food away after the party so I wasn't stuck with it. Yesterday, I had a small bowl of the Mexican dip with some pretzels instead of tortilla chips. Today I had a small bowl of chip dip with the pretzels again. My husband finished the Mexican dip last night and hopefully tonight he will finish the chip dip. I am going to make another birthday cake today (today is her actual birthday) and have a small piece and give the rest away.

I have not been to the gym because my daughter is sick. I really miss it. I am struggling to make myself work out at home. I walked on my treadmill yesterday and I need to do something today. I just don't feel like it. I want to go to the gym and work out! Maybe I will feel more like working out after I make her cake. Looking at the cake and knowing how much I want a piece will make me realize that I need to work for it. I just feel like I get a much better work out at the gym instead of at home. At the gym I can just put on my head phones and work out. I can't do that at home without being interrupted. I'm hoping I will get back there by the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your vision board. If I had one, I'd put something on there about running a 5K, a picture of cute jeans I want to get and favorite quotes of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read an article written by a personal trainer the other day that talked about mapping out your goals. It basically said...unless we set specific goals, time lines, etc. It is just a wish. He compared it to getting a college degree, finishing a project for something, etc.

    I think Dr. Phil says the same thing. Be specific.

    I agree... working out at home really doesn't work well for me either. I get too busy thinking about what I should be getting done around the house, answering the phone...

    Good luck on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Love your vision board!!!

    ReplyDelete