Monday, February 22, 2010

This is my daughters sand box. This was fully visible with no snow yesterday:
This is the view to our back yard:

No gym for me today :-( I don't want to drive in this. It's still coming down pretty good too. I guess it's the treadmill in the basement for me today. I won't not work out. Today is the day I get back on track as far as working out goes.

I'm a little sad today. An acquaintance of mine is getting gastric bypass today. I am just so sad for her! I can understand that it is an option for some people. I get that. It's either die or get surgery. But for people who are capable of working out and eating right, why do they feel so desperate that they think surgery is their only option?

This person I know is probably about 375 lbs. She is not stuck in bed, as a matter of fact, she works full time. She was doing a plan called Medical Weight Loss and lost 75 pounds. Then she gave up and gained some back. I just don't get how she can't see that she is capable of losing weight on her own?? I feel sad for her that she would rather have a doctor cut her open and take out the majority of her stomach than walk on a treadmill and eat properly?

If I sound like I'm judging her, I don't mean too. Honestly, I feel sorry for her. I just can't wrap my brain around the thinking that surgery is the only option. I do NOT feel that surgery is taking the easy way out. It is far from easy to get that surgery done. I have not had it, but I've seen many tv shows that talk to people who have had it and it's no picnic, that's for sure.

I just hope she doesn't feel like all her problems will be solved after the surgery. She will still be stuck in a bad marriage. She will still have uncontrollable kids. She will still have all those reasons to medicate herself with food. She will have the ability to gain the weight back if she doesn't change the habits that got her to 375 lbs. I just wish she could have controlled those habits before the surgery and could have realized she didn't need it after all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sick of this snow too! But your pictures are pretty!

    I couldn't agree with this post more - you have to figure out what makes you run to food, and until you fix that, you'll never truly be fit.

    That being said, I hope she gets through surgery okay!

    ReplyDelete