Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I keep telling myself that "today will be the day" I get back on track. I don't know what my problem is. Oh wait, I take that back, I do know what my problem is. I've been coughing and have a sore throat for days now. Every morning I get up and feel like crap. It's very hard to get motivated when your energy is zero and you feel crappy.

I have managed to maintain my weight which is a miracle. I'm not tracking my points like I should be. One reason is because I don't want my husband to see me tracking. He is totally against me "dieting" in any way right now. However, I don't view Weight Watchers as a "diet." I view it as a healthy eating plan and what's wrong with me eating healthy?

I read in my Dr Oz pregnancy book that in the first trimester, I only need an additional 100 calories a day which is equal to a cup of FF milk. I can do that. However, I'm not. I've going way over my calories. Today I stopped at Steak and Shake and got a shake. Chocolate. I justified it saying that the dairy is good for the baby and the coolness made my throat feel better. After the fact I looked it up and it is 15 points. Holy Sh*t!!! FIFTEEN points for a snack?

This has to stop and it has to stop now.

I was watching Dr Oz today (I don't normally watch his show but it was on weight loss today) and he had 100 people who have lost over 100 lbs. I really admired all of those people. They are the 5% that have managed to lose the weight and keep it off. If they can do it, surely I can too right? I don't even need to lose 100 lbs. I'd be happy with 40 lbs.

The sad part is, a good portion of the women he spoke with talked about gaining most of their weight during a pregnancy. That could be me if I don't stop what I've been doing these last few days and come up with a plan. I've already made a batch of Fiber One muffins (blue berry) and I have my list for the grocery store. I need a plan. I can't blame my cold anymore. I need to step up and take responsibility for myself now before I start to gain and then just throw in the towel until after the baby comes. I can't do that. I won't allow myself to do that. I owe myself something after losing 40 lbs don't I? I have the responsibility to keep the weight off and not be 250 lbs after this baby is born. I owe my daughter that. I owe the baby that and most of all, I owe myself that. I am too important to throw my health away again.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You're preggers!!! That's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you. Especially that your daughter will have a sibling. I've always thought it's really important for kids to have at least one sibling. There's nothing like family, they're always there for you, no matter what.

    I think your husband is right, no dieting, but that little baby needs good, healthy food. Not junk food. Fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, non-fat milk. I think if you just focus on eating a well balanced diet of healthy foods for your baby, you'll reap the benefits and not gain a lot of pregnancy weight.

    Anyway, I'm thrilled for you. A new baby will be so cool...I bet you're daughter is just tickled (have you told her yet or are you waiting?). Way cool!

    ReplyDelete