Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week #1 done

My grand total of weigh loss for Monday-Friday is 3 pounds. I am happy with that. I am down to 213 which is a half a pound less than my pre pregnancy weight. I haven't really felt like I've been dieting and when I do feel hungry, it's my own fault for not preparing ahead of time. That is my biggest downfall, not having things ready to eat and paying attention to when I eat and when I will need to eat again.

On Friday night my husband and I actually had a sitter so we went out to eat. I had pizza and dessert and didn't regret one bite. We don't often have a night without the kids, so I took full advantage of it.

I think I've finally, fully realized that I need to incorporate whatever diet I'm doing into my lifestyle. If I don't, I can lose all the weight in 17 days, but I will go right back to eating the way I did prior to the diet and gain it all back. I'm sick of that. I can't tell you how many times I have lost this same 3 pounds. I would be at my goal (and then some) if I could just lose and not regain anything.

I'm following the basic rules of the 17 day diet, but I am not following it 100%. I couldn't find sugar free yogurt at the 2 stores I went to so I got the lowest sugared yogurt I could. I could not find acidophulus milk so I am using Sugar Free cream in my coffee. If that means I "only" lose 3 pounds in 4 days, I'm happy with that. I don't need to lose 10-14 pounds in 17 days. If I lost 6 or 7 I'd be THRILLED.

My first goal is to get to "onederland." (From Biggest Loser) "Onederland" means you weigh somewhere in the 100's. I haven't been in the 100's in over 10 years. If I can get there in a month or two, I will be ecstatic. Since my ultimate goal is 175, that means I will only have 25 more pounds to lose. I can't even remember the last time I've had less than 50 to lose.

I also realized yesterday that I am out of the woods as far as post partum depression goes. At about this time after having my first baby, I had already gained 40 pounds. This time around, I am below my pre pregnancy weight. I think I can stop worrying about blowing it this time. I've already proved that I won't blow it.

And now for the biggest news. I WENT BACK TO THE GYM! I've worked out twice since Friday. On the first day I got about 25 mins into my work out and got called out to change a poopy diaper. I was short of time that day so I just showered afterwards and went home. (PS- I actually had time in the shower to shave my legs AND condition my hair since the baby was in the daycare. That never happens since I've had the baby) Today I got in 45 minutes of cardio. The baby is doing SO WELL in the daycare. I am thrilled. It's a little nerve wracking for me because I have to schedule appointments for her to be watched and it's hard to tell form day to day what is a good time for her. Today I thought for sure she would fuss because she needed a nap, but she was fine.

I finally feel like I'm on the right track and will be at my goal by the end of the Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment