Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am doing much better than I was the other day. I'm not doing anything other than paying attention to what I'm eating. I have lost 2 lbs, but I'm sure that was water because I ate so bad during my "bender." When I eat out I get so much more sodium than when I prepare my own meals.

I did have one realization though that has made me happy. I watch the shows on people who are grossly overweight. Shows like Ruby and the 5 ton man, shows like that. I have always though that I could easily be one of these people. However, I have realized that I will NEVER be one of these people. The reason is because I refuse to give up.

I think that a person who reaches 700 lbs has given up. They feel that there is nothing they can do to lose weight. I know this isn't true for myself. Yeah, it might be difficult. Yeah, I might fail. But, when I do fail I get up and try again. I may whine and complain a little before getting back up, but I ALWAYS get back up and try again.

I refuse to believe that I will be fat for the rest of my life. I will find what works and stick with it. It will happen. I have a shirt that I got from the Kennedy Space Center that says "Failure is not an option" and I'm really starting to believe that. It doesn't mean I won't have bad days that are filled with bitterness and resentment that I can't be a person to eat what I want when I want. As long as I keep getting up, brushing myself off and trying something new, I'm doing OK.

I have come a long way. I need to keep reminding myself that 4 years ago I was about 254 pounds. Today I am 214. That's 40 fricken' pounds! That awesome! Yes, I still have a long way to go, but I've come a long way and I will continue to lose weight. I know it's taken a while to get to this point, but in that time I've had another baby and life has certainly gotten in the way. As the baby gets older and older it will be easier for me to work out and take time for "me" which is just not an option right now.

I haven't given up. Far from it. I'm going to continue to fight this battle with weight and I will win. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

  1. I love this attitude. May I borrow it please? :)

    Yes, you've come a long way baby. 40 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. That's a heck of a lot of weight. Just try picking up two 20-pound dumbbells and walk around for about a minute. You'll realize very quickly just how heavy 40 pounds feels.

    Funny thing, I use to always think I could be one of those 700 pound people. My love of food is so great that I thought if I ever just give up, that's what would happen to me. I'd become a bed person. I've know for a long time that it's entirely possible.

    Funnier thing, about five minutes ago I read an old post of mine from 2008 on my old blog --- the title --- "Failure is not an option". http://diana1359.blogspot.com/2009/02/failure-is-not-option.html. Cracks me up that we were thinking the same thing. True I thought it three years ago to, but also five minutes ago.

    Anyway, love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete