Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today is day #3 of the 17 day diet. I am doing pretty well I think. I am not weighing myself until Friday so obviously I don't know if I'm losing any weight, but I've been following the diet and it's not that bad. Having the fruits before 2 pm really help with my sugar craving. However, I do have to confess that I made some Sugar Free Fat Free pudding and I've been eating that for dessert. Just one serving each night, so 80 calories I think. It's ok. If I only lose half of what the books says I'll be happy.

Have you seen the movie "Fathead?" OMG, I just watched it over the last 2 days and it's a real eye opener. If you liked "Supersize Me" you'll like "Fathead." Well, maybe I should take that back because the guy in Fathead basically shows that the guy who did Supersize me was full of crap.

I didn't like Supersize me. I thought the guy was overdramatic and wasn't realistic. I don't remember much more of the movie, so I'm going to watch it again in order to have some examples of why I thought that because I don't remember specifics at this time. (If you have Netflix, both movies are on that)

Anyway, the guy in Fathead basically says that eating animal fat is not a bad thing. That we ate it for hundreds of years and were healthier than we are now. He says A LOT in this movie and of course talks to "experts" who back up his claims, but it was a real eye opener for me. Basically, he went on a fast food diet for 30 days (actually 28) and lost weight. He didn't gorge himself on food like the guy in Supersize me did, but he did eat a lot of burgers. What he did was keep his calories to 2000 a day and his CARBS to about 100 a day. His main point is that CARBS are the enemy, NOT fat. Hmmmmm. When you watch it, it makes sense.

It does make me feel better that I am on the right track with what I've been eating. The 17 day diet is a very low carb diet, but it's also low fat.

In a future post I will give more info about both movies. I just wanted to make sure I recommended seeing Fathead before I forget! Yes, I have mommy brain! I forget everything!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the 17-day diet is working for you. I don't think a little sugar-free pudding is going to hurt you. :)

    I agree with you on that Supersize movie. The guy was being really stupid in his choices. I don't know of anyone that would eat like he did, not even me! I've been off of fast food for about four years now and the smell makes me want to throw up.

    Even in my heyday of fast food where I ate it 2-3 times a week, I got tired of it pretty fast. I do think there's something in it that makes it addictive. Probably all the fat, sugar and salt they use to make it taste so good.

    I'll have to check out Fathead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the carbs that are addictive.

    ReplyDelete