Monday, August 30, 2010

I have been thinking about my diet and exercise lately and trying to figure a few things out. Sometimes typing them out on my blog helps me to understand why I do certain things.

I have not exercised in over a week. I've used the tornado as an excuse, but the gym is back to normal (minus a few trees) and I can go anytime I want. Today is the day. I am going to work out if it kills me. I really need to take advantage of this last month because I will be suspending my membership as of October 1. They do not watch children under 3 months old in their daycare so I'm not going to continue paying for a membership hoping my husband will be able to watch the kids in the evening. It won't happen and I'm not wasting $65/month. I'm not saying I won't work out. I have a bike and treadmill in my basement that are adequate. Quite old, but they work.

Over this past week my sugars have been a little off. It's no mystery why, I probably went out to eat and didn't know the carb count of the foods I'm eating. Overall, I am still doing fairly well. These past few evenings my sugar has been a little high so I haven't had any dessert. It's not even a big deal to me anymore. It's just fact, high sugar = no dessert that night.

Then this morning I was thinking about it and why can't the number on the scale have the same affect on my thinking? If I'm a pound up in the morning, why don't I think about that in the evening and say "No dessert Michelle, the scale was a little high this morning" Why is my sugar count being high enough to stop myself but not the number on the scale?

Is it because what I do now affects the baby and not just myself? Is it because I can't remember what I did 10 hours before and forget the number on the scale? I'm just curious as to why one number has to much power but the other doesn't. I think if I can figure this out, I might be able to crack some of the mysteries of why I eat what I eat and when I eat it.

I've also been thinking about exercise and why I haven't missed it at all this week. Ever since I've been on this diet, I feel weak. My muscles just aren't as strong as they used to be. I'll bet I don't want to work out because I can't do what I could do just a few weeks ago. I am looking forward to the day after the baby comes when I can push myself harder and not wonder if I'm doing any damage to the baby inside of me. Geez, it's not like I'm an Olympic athlete. Me pushing myself is nothing compared to what they do. But, there's always this little voice in my head telling me to take it easy "just in case." I've only got 7 more weeks to go. SEVEN! Did you hear me? SEVEN WEEKS! YIKES!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment