Sunday, June 27, 2010

I've been doing pretty well. I have my OB appointment in a week and a half and I've only gained 2 pounds this month. Lately I've just been eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. Hmmm, why can't I do that all the time?

The one thing I've been reading lately is to eat smaller meals throughout the day. I haven't been doing that. I've been eating one really big meal for lunch and a light snack for dinner. It seems to be working for me. I know in other countries they have their main meal at lunch and supposedly it's supposed to be healthier. I can tell you that so far, for me it's true.

This is going to be a tough week for me. I'm leaving town on Wednesday to go to PA to visit my BFF. The one thing we have consistently had in common is that we struggle with our weight and eat whatever we want when we are together. I don't know how we got into this "rut" but it has defined our relationship. I love her, she's like a sister to me. She has always supported me in my weight loss efforts and I've supported her. But, when we get together we seem to have a "f*ck it" attitude and try our best to pig out. I have no idea why we do this.

If I can't control what I eat I will try to control how much of it I eat. Luckily I can't eat as much in one sitting because the baby is getting so big. I'm really going to try to not pig out the whole time I am gone. I'm going to be more conscious of what I put in my mouth.

One of the "joys" of pregnancy I forgot about is leg cramps. For those of you who have never had them, I hope you never do. About 6 am on Friday morning I was woken up by a leg cramp. The most intense pain I think I have ever felt, and I've had a baby. It usually only lasts for maybe 45 seconds (I am lucky in that they don't last longer) but it is 45 seconds of pure hell. My leg has been sore since then. It has slowly but surely gotten better. It feels about 90% better today. It felt good enough to go to the gym and walk, but if I keep getting these periodically, it's going to seriously impact my work out routine.

Have a safe and healthy July 4th weekend and don't eat too much!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so strange, I was just thinking about you, wondering how you were doing and then up popped this post. So happy to see you and baby are doing well.

    About your BFF, I had one too once, where food was always our focus. We ate with abandon when we got together, and we were always overweight. She moved away and I haven't seen her in years. The last time we got together she was well over 300 pounds. I felt so bad for her.

    Anyway, just make the best choices you can, but don't deprive yourself too much. It's just for a short time, and plus, you're eating for two!

    ReplyDelete