Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is I didn't gain any weight over this past Holiday weekend. The bad news is that I got a mild case of food poisoning and didn't eat much at all yesterday. I have a feeling that is what helped me not to gain weight.

Food poisoning is not fun to have when you are not pregnant, but when you are pregnant it can be a little scary. You get waves of pain in your stomach that feel like contractions. But, your stomach doesn't tighten up with food poisoning, it just hurts. I kept getting these waves of pain and half way through the day I started wondering if I was going into labor. Not a rational thought, but it was there freaking me out. I feel better today but still not 100%.

And, because it was pretty mild I was able to go to the gym yesterday. Not a great workout, but I moved my body for 45 minutes, 15 on the bike and 30 on the treadmill. I felt proud of myself although I know I didn't get my heart rate up very much.

My goal for June is to work out at least 3 times a week and to start doing my pre natal yoga DVD at least once a week. More if I like it. I just haven't taken the time to actually try it yet.

This week is my 20th week so I'm officially half way through this pregnancy. It seems like just yesterday I was freaking out because I found out I was pregnant. At least now I'm freaking out about what to do with 2 kids and not about how much weight I'll gain. I'm kind of over that feeling now. There are days when I'm so good and have done everything and the scale still goes up. It's going to do that. I'm growing a baby. There is some relief in knowing that it's out of my hands somewhat. I'm not saying I can eat ice cream all day long and just shrug and say there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just saying that even doing my absolute best with eating and exercise will not help me to lose weight because for once in my life, that is not the goal. It feels good to obsess about other things for now and not my weight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What'd you get food poisoning from?! That's no fun at all...I hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete