Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It is nice to report that I've been happy with my progress lately. My daughter had THREE birthday parties to attend over the past weekend. She's at the age where I still have to stay with her for these parties. I ate about 4-5 cupcakes/pieces of cake over the course of the weekend. However, I have managed to work out. Because of that, I have only gained a half a pound over this past week. I've ramped up my work out and it's paying off.

I will be happy as long as I can maintain a slow weight gain or if I'm really lucky, no weight gain at all. I've only got 18 more weeks to go until the baby is due. I can hardly believe it. It feels like just yesterday that I was nauseas and finding out that I am pregnant. Time flies!

I've also been trying to work on my negative self talk. I see and hear other people doing it all the time. Especially when I am giving them a compliment. 100% of the time they say "No, that's not true" or "I sure don't feel that way" etc. WHY is it so hard for people to just say "Thank you. I feel great too" or something along those lines. I saw a friend today that has been dieting for a long time and she looked great. I told her so and she immediately said "Yeah well, I haven't been losing anymore weight" I'm going to work on saying "Thank you" when people give me a compliment. I'm going to try to believe it when people say nice things to me. Instead of going immediately to the negative, I'm going to try to go to the positive.

I'm also going to work on giving myself compliments. I am always telling myself how bad I look or how I don't do enough in pretty much every area of my life. I'm a good mom. I'm a good wife. Yeah, my house is not always spotless, but part of being a good mom is telling myself that the dishes or vacuuming can wait while I play with my daughter instead of clean.

Even though the week is half over, my goal is to give myself at least 3 compliments a day and appreciate myself a little bit more. Maybe if I start liking myself more I will want to take care of myself and dieting and exercising will come easier to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment