Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No more pity party here! I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I'm done being mean to myself because I'm not doing what I think is "enough."

I'm ready to just relax and enjoy this pregnancy. It will be my last one. I'm not going to worry about what "might happen" if I gain too much weight. Hell, I'm not even going to weigh myself anymore. I haven't in about 3 or 4 days and I have no intention of starting today.

I'm NOT saying I'm giving up working out or trying to eat right. I'm not relaxing that much. I'm just going to stop worrying about it. It's not doing me one damn bit of good to sit here, beating myself up telling myself how badly I'm doing and how much I'm letting myself down each day. I'm soooo tired of thinking about food, weight, fat, etc.

I'm trying a new approach. I'm going to eat when I'm hungry and work out when I feel up to it. I walked 35 mins on the treadmill yesterday and had to stop because I had to pee. That was what I was able to do yesterday. Today I am meeting my friend at the gym and we are (finally!) going to walk in the water. I'm hoping to do that for at least 45 mins.

I see my OB tomorrow so I'm going to ask him about the pain I get after working out. If he recommends a chiropractor, I will try it to see what happens. I've heard that if you see a chiropractor during pregnancy, it can help with labor and delivery and make it easier. We'll see.

On a totally unrelated topic, tomorrow I will get a slip to schedule an ultrasound so I can find it out if it's a boy or a girl. I'm sure the "experts" are looking for other things as well, but my main goal is to find out what the sex of the baby is. Then the shopping begins! I'm SO EXCITED to find out! I really hope the baby cooperates and we can tell. I would be so disappointed if they couldn't see because the baby was in the wrong position. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment