Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am happy to report that the water walking was a success! My friend was 10 mins late so I ended up walking for an hour and 10 mins in the water. I'm not sore today so I wonder how good of a work out it was. I was moving for that period of time so it can't be bad, but it didn't really feel like a work out. My back was not sore at all last night or today so I know it's the work out for me! I just wish my heart rate monitor worked in the water so I could tell how much of a cardio work out I'm really getting.

At one point we both grabbed a kick board and tried it. It was a joke! Both of us were hanging onto our boards, kicking away and not moving at all! I have no idea what we were doing wrong! Every time we tried to actually go anywhere it didn't work. I still haven't figured that one out! It was fun though. I would also like to find some kind of music player that is water proof. I can see how it can get boring walking back and forth for an hour. I had a friend to talk to yesterday, but that won't always be the case.

I am going to try the actual water aerobics class soon. I will most likely wait until my daughter is out of school for the Summer because the class doesn't start until 7 pm. I don't like to keep her out late on school nights so we'll just wait 2 weeks and then I'll try it.

I've also realized that I will need a maternity bathing suit. I had an old suit that is size 22/24 and the top is huge but the bottom where my baby belly goes is tight. I can maybe get away with it for another week or two, but that's about it. I guess it's a good investment if I'm going to continue working out in the water.

I saw my OB today. I gained 6 lbs this month. He wasn't worried because I only gained a pound at my last visit. It worried me a little, but I'm refusing to dwell on it. I had a great vacation and ate a lot. That will not happen on a monthly basis so next month should be better as far as weight gain goes. I find out on the 25th of this month the sex of the baby. I am SO EXCITED! The best part is my 4 year old will get to go with us so she will be part of the experience. Life is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment