Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I took a mini vacation last weekend and blew it. I gained THREE pounds over the weekend! I didn't think it was possible to gain that much weight in such a short time, but dammit! It is! Oh well. I've been doing fairly well since then so I have high hopes that maybe I won't gain much more this month.

I've water walked a few times since last week. I just don't feel like it's a great cardio work out. I enjoy it and can do it for much longer than any cardio machine, but what's the point if I'm not getting my heart rate up? I guess it is better than nothing. I took today off because I have a pain in my left side. I'm pretty sure it's ligaments stretching, but just to be safe I took it easy today.

I read a great quote today and wanted to post it here:
"Give yourself the compassion you deserve for any and all past actions. Stop judging yourself harshly. All those errors and wrong actions were necessary for you to get beyond that place in your life. Be kind to yourself and eliminate any ill feelings you harbor toward yourself." - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Wow, if I could only do that I probably wouldn't have a weight problem. I have been doing pretty well with not dwelling on all the things I'm not/can't do right now, but I do still dwell on things that happened years ago. Family issues, stupid mistakes I've made etc. I wish I could just move on and get over it, but when I'm laying there in bed not able to sleep all those thoughts creep into my head and I get all worked up.

I think I will need therapy to get over some of these issues. My dad left us when I was 5 and my mom died when I was 13, so my childhood was pretty messed up. I still have some anger issues surrounding all of these events. One day I think I'm over them and the next day I'm angry again. I'm angry that my daughter doesn't have grandparents. I'm angry that I didn't have much of a childhood. I'm angry about lots of things and I wonder if a big reason I eat is because food makes me feel better. I need to figure out how to get over this anger and stop eating to avoid it. I need to get it out of my system once and for all so I can continue with my life.

Boy, I did not think this post was going to go there. LOL. I guess you just never know what's going to come out once you start typing.

OH, one big thing I want to report is my doctor called yesterday and said that the "normal" chances for a woman my age of having a baby with Downs Syndrome is 1 in 45. After the genetic testing i had my chances have gone down to 1 in 8100! I am SO RELIEVED. I was really worried about that. Next Tuesday I find out if I'm having a boy or girl.

This is one of those days where I feel like I could go on and on but I won't. I'll save my thoughts for another day. I wanted to talk about The Biggest Loser, but I'm still trying to put my thoughts together about that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so sorry about your childhood. That's terrible about your dad, and you mom dying when you were only 13. I can't even imagine.

    My dad died when I was 13, but my my lived until five years ago (I was 48). She was my bestest friend in the whole entire world.

    At least your daughter has great parents and you can make sure she has a great childhood. A lot of times crappy childhoods are passed on to the next generation, but not in your case.

    And three pounds is nothing! I can and have gained eight pounds in a weekend, a two-day weekend. Probalby mostly water from extra sodium, I'm sure you'll drop it fast.

    ReplyDelete