Thursday, April 8, 2010

I've been waiting to post because I need to hook up my scanner to post the picture of my ultrasound I got on Tuesday. I realized that that may not happen this week so I'm going to post anyway.

I got my ultrasound and everything looked fine to me. I was so strange to see the baby moving around inside of me and not feel a thing. The baby is 6 mm from head to rump but has all of it's little body parts. He/she even held it's hand up as if it say "Hi mom" What an awesome experience! It makes me feel more excited now. Up until this point I have just felt sick, but now that I see that little baby I see what I'm doing all this for.

Now for the bad news. I realized last night that I lost my mojo. It's gone and I'm afraid I won't be able to find it again. For so long I was going to the gym and enjoying it. I would work out hard and push my body and really started loving it.

I haven't gone to the gym in over 2 weeks and have zero desire to start. At this point, I have to force myself like I did last time. I have to just go and fake it until I make it. It worked before and it will work again. However, we are going to Disney soon so I don't want to take my daughter to the daycare. I don't want her to get sick for our vacation.

So, not only do I have to force myself to work out, I have to force myself to work out in my basement. Ugh. I guess my best option is to work out while my daughter is in school. That way I can do it with no distractions and interruptions. I just feel like I am looking up this huge mountain, knowing I have to climb up it and no desire to do so. I hate feeling like this. I wish I would have never stopped but felt so bad physically I just couldn't do it. I know I can do this, I just don't want to.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited. Can't wait to see you're ultrasound of the little one.

    Don't be too hard on yourself about the gym. You're pregant. Remember, creating a new life. Maybe some walking would be good for now. If you really don't want to go to the gym, I don't think you have to. Sorry if that's not tough love, kicking your butt, but I really think you can take a little break now. Not become a total sloth...just ease up a bit.

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fret too much over not working out. It's hard with the nausea and fatigue. Do what you can and enjoy your pregnancy. I had horrrible nausea and had to forgo a lot of activity and really focus on nutrition.

    ReplyDelete