Friday, April 16, 2010

I worked out once this week. I could sit here and beat myself up for not doing more, but I'm not gonna do that. One is better than none and I have been extremely busy. I have been eating really healthy so at least I'm not eating badly and not working out. I'm ok with this.

I'm reading one of those touchy feeley books about how diets don't work and we just need to be nice to ourselves. While I do agree with some of it, I don't know if just being nice to myself will help me all that much. But, thinking about it, I do have a lot of negative chatter in my head. Beating myself up and telling myself I'm not good enough and I'm not doing enough certainly doesn't help me. From now on I'm just going to accept what I do and do the best I can.

I had my OB appt yesterday. I am SO HAPPY to report that I only gained ONE pound over this past month. 10 total for my first trimester, but only one in this past month. I asked my doctor about giving me a diet and she did. It's a 2000 calorie diet that is basically low carb. I am going to start it when I get back from Disney. I am not even going to think about it before then. I know I'm not going to follow a diet while I'm gone so I'm just going to have a good time and not go too crazy with my eating. At least I will be walking everyday.

I am a third done with this pregnancy and for the first time I know I will be able to get through this without gaining a ton of weight. I feel so good about that realization. I will eat enough to nourish me and my baby but I won't fall into the whole "Eating for two" myth. The baby is about 3" long by now. There is no way a fetus that small can need as much nourishment as a person. Actually, it's only about an extra 200 calories a day. I can do that. I can do this. OMG, I'm going to be a mom again! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment