Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goal reached

I did it. I "only" gained 3.5 lbs during my vacation! My goal was to gain less than 5 and I did! I'm really happy about that. With all the food I ate 3.5 is a good number. When you have the Disney dining plan, you get dessert with your "counter service" meal and your "sit down" meal which means 2 desserts a day. I do have to hand it to Disney, they are adding more fruits and veggies to their meals. They are also trying to steer kids in a healthy direction with their meals as well. They include veggies and fruits and if you want a cookie or fries, you can substitute that but you have to ask for it. It's much better than it used to be.

Tomorrow I am heading back to the gym. I have a HUGE blister on my foot so I'm going to take today off. I actually did a LOT of walking while I was in Disney. I was sore every morning so the slower walking I did helped with the weight gain as well.

Today is my "getting back on track" day. I just want to get all the dirty clothes washed and everything put away. Tomorrow I am going to try to sit down and work out my 2000 calorie diet. I think for the first week or two I will need to write down everything I will eat until I get it in my brain what 2000 calories a day feels like. I know it's totally doable, I just need to find out what foods are how many calories. I've been counting points for so long and I haven't been keeping track of calories.

I also feel 100% better as far as the nausea goes. That is gone for good and not coming back. I'm feeling optimistic about being healthy from here on out with this pregnancy. I do have a few more trips scheduled, but it's not an all inclusive type thing like it was with Disney. I will have much more control over what I eat and when I eat it.

I have a great time but I'm glad to be back and feeling like I will get back on track 100% in just a day or two. It feels good to be in control and optimistic about my health right now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your vacation was goog.Great job keeping to your goal! I have an upcoming vacation and am worried about gaining a lot.

    When I started this journey I counted calories on sparkpeople.com. It is free and you can find the calorie count for just about anything.

    I haven't been as good about tracking my calories lately, but am still losing. I think I have a good idea of calorie content in most foods now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on making your goal. And I'm so glad the nauseanous is gone for you. I know that was hard, but you made it through it.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being able to keep the weight gain to a minimum over your vacation--especially at Disney!

    Also, I'm very happy to hear that your nausea has passed--it makes life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete