Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've kind of fallen off the wagon so to speak. I haven't actually gone hog wild, but I'm starting to get frustrated because the scale is not moving. I am doing everything I've been doing since Jan and all of a sudden no more weight loss. It is so frustrating I want to scream!! I can see if I were cheating or not working out. But, I am working out and I'm not cheating. I can't see eating less because some days I am really hungry and I have no more Weight Watcher points so I go to bed hungry. Eating less is just not an option. Maybe I need to work out more? I don't know. All I know is I want to eat and eat and eat because what I was doing is not working anymore.
Maybe I'm just burnt out, but I don't want to stop because I will gain weight back. I hit the 25 pound loss mark on Sunday. (I've gained a pound back sticking to my diet and working out- explain that one to me)
I guess I just need to look at the positives. I have not weighed this weight since before my daughter was born 4 years ago. All my clothes are big and baggy. I feel really great physically. Maybe if I can keep focused on those things than I won't be bothered so much by a number on a little machine that dictates how I feel. I HATE THAT! WHY do I care so much?? I am proud of what I've done so far. I feel really good. WHY am I letting the scale tell me differently? My friend suggested that I don't weigh myself for a week. That I'm probably just in a plateau and it will pass as long as I keep going. I don't know if I can do that. I can try. No, I won't try- I WILL DO IT. One week will not kill me. Maybe the pressure will be off so I can just relax and let my body do what it needs to do. Actually, it's Wednesday so it's not really a week. It's really only 5 days. I can do 5 days. I might have to put the scale away.
Ok, I wasn't going to do this today, but I guess it's time to get my butt off the couch and work out. My daughter had swim class and then we had a play date and I've told myself that I'm too tired to work out. The thing is, if I work out I will have the energy to get some stuff done today. So, I'm off to walk on my treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment