Friday, June 19, 2009

I am happy to report that after my last blog, I did get my butt on my treadmill and worked out. It was only 45 mins, but that is something. I am even happier to report that this morning I weighed in at 217 pounds. How did that happen? I have a few ideas.
First, I've been pooping on a regular basis these past few days. For a while there I wasn't and I know that has to affect the scale. How can it not? I've come to the realization that I am only going to weigh myself on days when I've gone to the bathroom regularly. Ok, I know this might be TMI, but it's true and I think it affects my weight so I need to say something about it.
Second, I also need to keep track of my sodium. I eat healthy foods but will sometimes put a sauce on them that is higher in sodium. That makes me retain water. I know on a day that I'm going to the bathroom a lot and haven't increased my water intake that the next day I step on the scale it will be a "good day." I still define my days on what I see on the scale and I need to work on that.
Third, I really think I hit a plateau. I have not changed anything in this past week. I went for almost 2 weeks not losing more than a pound and so far this week I've lost 2. The only explanation I have is a plateau. I've listened to Jilian's podcast where she has mentioned there's no such thing as plateaus, but I don't buy that. Every time my daughter would be getting a tooth she'd have a fever and diarrhea. Her pediatrician told me there is no medical fact behind this, but it happened to her every time. I feel that way with my diet. My body sometimes need a resting period to adjust to my new, lower weight. It's what MY body does. I have to accept this and remember it next time I go through this.
I've made it through and I'm still losing. I consider that a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment