Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Somewhere, somehow I've found motivation to be healthy. I've gone to the gym twice so far this week. I was supposed to go this afternoon, but the baby was really crabby after a morning of errands so I cancelled her appointment in the daycare. I got called back to the daycare yesterday when she wouldn't stop crying so I don't want to push it.

I have a friend who has lost about 20 pounds over the past 6 months. She is by NO means fat in anyway. I think she went from 150 to 130, so now she's super skinny. She works out everyday and usually for a few hours each day. Last week she kind of took me under her wing and worked out with me. She showed me a great upper body work out. We were walking on the treadmill and she told me to up my incline and speed. My initial thought was "oh no way, there's no way I can do that" but SHE didn't know that. She knows that I am capable of doing these things and should be doing these things on a daily basis. I did what she told me to and make it through the work out without dying! My arms were killing me for the next few days, but I DID IT.

That made me really start to think about how I don't give myself enough credit and don't push myself as much as I should be when I work out. I can see why people use personal trainers. They push you because they know you can do it even when you don't know yourself. The personal trainers at my gym are very expensive and I just can't justify paying $90 per hour for a trainer. My husband often complains about the cost of the gym membership so I can't even think about asking him to add a weekly training session to that. I'm just going to have to try to work out with my friend once a week if possible. She's thinking about becoming a trainer so maybe we can help each other.

I haven't seen any improvement on the scale. I know it's because I still don't have my diet nearly where it needs to be. I'm working on it though. I have been putting my food intake into My Fitness Pal on my phone, which does help me at least see what I'm consuming.

Next week my daughter starts kindergarten. She will be going 3 full days a week and 2 half days. I should be able to get to the gym on those full days. I'm excited and happy about getting my butt in gear, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment