Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Had the colonoscopy done yesterday. Everything went very well. I hate the prep, but that wasn't even bad this time. The worst part of the whole thing was getting a lecture from the doctor IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND about my bad habits. She pretty much told me to grow up and do what I need to do to get rid of my acid issues. Eat better, lose weight, blah, blah, blah. Tell me something I don't know already lady!

She also told me I need to cut out caffeine 100%. I laughed in her face. First of all, I don't drink that much caffeine. Second of all, I've been on diets where my acid is controlled pretty well and I haven't cut out caffeine, so I really don't think that's the issue. I'd like to see her not drink caffeine with a 10 month old baby!

I was pretty embarrassed hearing her lecture me in front of my husband. I wish she wouldn't have done that because now he's going to be the food police. He has no clue about food though so I just find ways around that. He's at work all day so I can pretty much eat what I want. He's also clueless. I convinced him once that Kentucky Fried Chicken was healthy because it was chicken. He has no idea about healthy food. Now I just feel like I have to figure out ways around him telling me what to do which is just wasted energy. It goes along with my previous post about when someone tells me what to do I want to rebel, even if I know it's the right thing to do.

However, I am motivated now to start eating right. I've been telling myself since my reunion that once these tests were done, I'd get healthy. Now the tests are done and the results were good, it's time to take this seriously. I'm ready. School starts in 2 weeks so I will have time to go to the gym. I may even go to the gym today. Not sure yet because the weather is supposed to be horrible this afternoon, including a possible tornado. I should probably plan to stay at home this afternoon because of that. My 10 month old is almost walking and once she does I will no longer need an appointment in the daycare at the gym. I am SO HAPPY about that. I won't need to worry about her schedule and when she's going to nap. When she gets up, we go.

I do have another book to comment about. I just started it yesterday. Remember Geneen Roth? Well, she's written a new book. It's called "Lost and Found" unexpected revelations about food and money. I guess she lost her money because she invested in Bernie Maddoff's ponzi scam. She's tying in her spending habits with her eating habits. I am really interested in that. Not only do I binge eat, I binge spend at times. When I binge eat, I don't sit down and eat a bag of chips, I just eat something when I'm not hungry. I'm not that bad with binge eating. Binge spending is an issue for me. I need to learn how to control that. I'm only on page 27 and it's got me hooked. If I can figure out how to control my impulsive spending and eating I'd be one happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment