Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sometimes I feel like I'm going through a mid life crisis. I lost one of my best friends 2 days ago. I'm not going to get into all the details, but I've known her since I was 18 and watched all her kids grow up. I've changed a lot since I was 18, but she hasn't changed as much.

Which brings me to my mid life crisis. I've come to realize that I need to expect more from myself and the people around me. I want to surround myself with positive people that are uplifting. Not drama queens that are energy draining. Unfortunately, it's not easy to call up a good friend and say "Hey, do you think you could change because I'm changing and I can't deal with you the way you are"

Sometimes I feel like I'm going through a crisis because things that were just fine a few months ago are not acceptable to me now. But, I'm also sticking up for myself and people don't like it. They are used to the person who just lets them take advantage and goes with the flow. I was the type of person who wouldn't yell fire if I was on fire in a movie theater because I wouldn't want to disturb anyone. No more. I'm starting to stick up for what I believe in. I'm starting to find my voice. It's taken me 42 years, but I've finally started to realize that I'm worth so much more than I've given myself credit for and I want other people to realize that too.

I'm sad that I know I will lose people along the way. There are people who were in my life that didn't add anything to it. They are emotional black holes and it's time to cut them loose. I don't have many friends so this is going to be very difficult for me. But, I'm worth it. I'm worth people in my life who value me and my friendship.

Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, but I think that realizing I'm worth more and giving myself the credit I deserve will help me take better care of my body.

The baby is calling, gotta go! Have a wonderful Labor day!!

1 comment:

  1. I was about the age that you are now when I decided I was going to be picky about who I chose as my friends.

    When I was much younger, I was friends with almost anyone that wanted to be friends with me. Big mistake! Not everyone is a right fit to be our friends.

    Don't worry about losing some of the "losers" along the way. You'll make new and better friends. People who enrich your life and you're happy to be with. Just give it time. :)

    ReplyDelete