Monday, February 25, 2013

Weight Watcher mishap

I've been on Weight Watchers now for 2 weeks and up until this morning I was really enjoying it. I was even telling my friend on Saturday night how I'm not suffering at all like I normally do when I'm dieting. Since I can't weigh myself until Easter morning I was concerned that I would be doing this for 6 weeks or so and see now results.

This morning I found out why this has been so easy. I wanted to change my weigh in day (even though I'm not weighing in) to Mondays so my weekly points would reset on Mondays instead of Wednesdays which is how I had it set up. I couldn't find a way to do that on my phone ap, so I went to the website and started poking around the setting. I looked at my profile and was shocked to that the "yes" was checked when asked if I was breastfeeding. I haven't breast fed my daughter in a year and a half! I am pretty disappointed in the fact that Weight Watchers keeps all that old information and doesn't ask you to update it when you sign up again. I haven't been a Weight Watchers member for over a year.

For the past 2 weeks I've been eating 40 points a day and after I adjusted that information, my points went down to 33 a day. No wonder I wasn't suffering, I was eating too much! To say I was mad was an understatement. I am going to write Weight Watchers a note to tell them what happened. I highly doubt they will care, but I will feel better letting them know that if you reactivate an old account they should wipe out your old settings.

Right now I feel like I'm back to square one. Ugh..... I feel like the last 2 weeks was wasted. I guess if I had to look at the bright side these past 2 weeks have slowly gotten me into the Weight Watching mode. I have also worked out and I rarely used my activity points so I most likely wasn't that far off on the days I worked out. I'm also glad that I haven't weighed in because it would most likely have shown a very minimal weight loss and I might have just given up. At least now that I truly am on the right track, I have a month before I weigh myself.

If anyone is considering joining Weight Watchers online, look at the information carefully so you don't make the same mistake I did.

2 comments:

  1. I actually recommend that you phone them (800-651-6000), explain the situation, and ask them for a free 2-week extension. I'll bet they will do that. I've found them very apologetic for mishaps like that and have had them extend my membership for a few weeks for free to compensate me for their mistakes.

    Be positive - you are making changes. Give yourself time, forgive yourself when you fall off the wagon, but GET RIGHT BACK ON! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this should be funny, but you've got to admit, it's kind of funny.

    Sorry, but it does sound you did pretty good. Especially since you weren't eating your activity Points I bet you did better than you thought.

    Are you still going to the gym? I remember you were going and taking the baby to daycare but she came down with a cold and you thought it was because she was in the daycare at the gym. Just wondering.

    Thanks for posting. I think everyone forgot about me. :)

    ReplyDelete