Friday, October 1, 2010

Saw the OB yesterday. He won't do anything to help me have this baby until I am 39 weeks. If I don't go into labor on my own, they are going to schedule me for a c section on the 13th of October. The OB is worried about the size of the baby and what could happen if I can't get her out on my own. Without boring you, it "could be" bad, or it could be no problem at all. Since they don't know which way it could go, if I go to 39 weeks they feel more comfortable doing a c section. I'm scared but ok with it I guess. I'm going to do everything in my power to go into labor on my own before then. EVERYONE has told me to have lots of sex, so my hubby is very happy about that.

I was reading an article about weight loss today and kind of had one of those simple epiphanies. Something that I *should* know, but never really thought about. It had 10 tips for losing weight and one of the tips was having cut up/washing veggies within eye site in your fridge. I think about how I have to eat now and how I've gotten rid of the junk for the most part because of the diabetes. When I'm hungry, I automatically reach for the hummus because that's what's there.

If I could just keep this frame of mind going once this baby comes, it will be so much easier for me to lose weight. Imagine your house having NO garbage in it. No candy, no chips, etc. Imagine it being filled with fruits and veggies and good stuff. Now imagine it's 4:00 in the afternoon. You're not quite hungry, but you need *something* to tide you over until dinner. You start searching through your cupboards and see healthy options. You open the fridge and there's more of the same. What are you going to do?

Are you going to drive to McDonalds and get a double cheeseburger? Are you going to drive to the store and get some chips? I highly doubt it. For one, you are not "hungry" you just want a little something. That feeling is not enough for you to get into your car and drive anywhere to satisfy this need. For another thing, is it really worth it? When you really stop to think about it- is it really worth sabotaging your diet just because you want a little something?

So, here's my point. If I've learned anything with this diabetic diet, it's to NEVER let yourself get hungry. That is when we make poor choices. Look for a healthy option when you are just feeling that beginning pang of hunger. Take snacks with you if you have to so you aren't tempted to go through a drive through if that feeling hits. I'm supposed to eat every 2 hours. Do I? No, but I try. But, I haven't gained any weight in over 8 weeks now. This works.

I just need to remember this in a few weeks when I'm sleep deprived and my hormones are going crazy after this baby comes. You'll remind me, won't you??

No comments:

Post a Comment