Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It is so weird for me to get on the scale each day and weigh the same. This must be what it feels like to be in "maintenance mode." I love it. I can go for 2 or 3 days, not weigh myself, get on the scale on day 4 and weigh the same. It's so strange for me that I'm not obsessing about food or what I weigh for one of the first times in my life. I love feeling like this! Besides, I know that the baby is getting bigger, but I'm not. This will only mean good things for me once I have this baby.

I was going to come on here and complain about my doctors and how they can't come up with a good plan for me and how I should deliver this baby. I've changed my mind. I'm not going to type one complain tonight. That's because I am feeling so very thankful right now.

At the beginning of the year I got involved with the bone marrow donor program. There was a local fire fighter who is in his late 30's and has acute leukemia. He has 2 kids and a wife who love him. He had the transplant and was doing well until about a week ago. Things started to take turn for the worse. He's in the hospital and the doctors are trying to figure out what is going wrong in his body. I started reading his updates on a very bad day. I had come from the OB and got news I didn't like.

Then it hit me. What the hell do I have to complain about? I am carrying a healthy baby. I have stopped gaining weight. My family is healthy. I am healthy. I know that within the next 2 weeks I will have a new baby. What is my fricken' problem that I can't see everything I have to be thankful for and I can spend so much damn time dwelling on what's not going right? He doesn't know if he will be alive in 2 weeks. I know that I will and I will have a new healthy baby to boot!

I am not going to waste one more minute worrying about what I can't control with this pregnancy. I am giving up control and enjoying being pregnant. I am thankful for everything that I have and all the wonderful people in my life. You should be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment