Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Can I just say....

I LOVE my pregnancy boobs. Honestly, it's the best part of being pregnant. They are getting fuller because they are getting ready to produce milk which means they aren't saggy and awful anymore. It's refreshing to me to actually like a body part that I've never particularly cared for. I'm so used to disliking most of my body parts so it feels good to actually like something for a change. I wish I could apply that to my expanding belly.

Yesterday was a fantastic day for me! I had a GREAT work out and a very healthy day of eating. When I was working out, for a split second, I felt like I felt before I was pregnant. Like I could do anything. I think I've broken through my cautiousness about working out while pregnant. I worked up a really good sweat and felt great when I was done.

As of yesterday I have managed to maintain my weight this past week. As of this morning, I have actually lost a half a pound. I am eating just as much food (so don't worry that I am starving my baby) I'm just making healthier choices. I have also banned sugar from my diet until after dinner. I might have ONE piece of fruit with lunch (an apple with my sandwich yesterday) but that is better than a handful of chips.

I think at this point my OB has motivated me. I was pretty humiliated when he told me at my last appointment that I had gained 7 pounds in the past month and needed to really watch it. I knew it was bad. I weighed myself before I left. I was still pretty humiliated that someone had to verbally tell me that. Instead of being angry at him, I have turned it into motivation to NOT gain 7 pounds this month. I did not go home and eat a bag of M&M's to make myself feel better. I started planning how I could avoid gaining weight.

Which bring me to another subject. Have you read the blog "Banks Lee and the 3 clicks?" I started reading it after Yahoo did a story on him. Apparently he went to the new Harry Potter park and could not fit into a seat for a new ride. Instead of getting mad, he has gone on a diet and has a goal to ride the ride by the end of the year. I think it's great that instead of getting mad at Universal, he's used this as motivation to lose weight and is trying to inspire others along the way. It's a good lesson to not blame others for our own actions. We put ourselves in the position we are in. Nobody held a gun to my head and forced me to eat "junk" food. I did that all by myself and now I have to get myself out of this mess. For the first time in a long time I feel like I can do it.....

1 comment:

  1. Best post ever! You love part of your body, you're eating healthy, exercising, determine not to gain 7 pound this month. You go girl!

    I'll have to check Banks Lee blog. Sounds like a good one.

    So glad you're feeling so much happier. :)

    ReplyDelete