Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's been a while (again) since I've blogged. I realized why yesterday. I'm not obsessing about food anymore. I'm not thinking about every little morsel I put in my mouth. I am not struggling right now. I am eating basically what I want and not doing bad with the weight gain. I know some of it is because I'm pregnant, but I've only gained 5 lbs since I found out 6 weeks ago that I'm pregnant.

It is such a great feeling to not feel bad about food right now. I'm realizing how much time I thought about it and obsessed over it. Let me also say that I am not going hog wild. I am eating smaller meals to keep the acid at bay and I can't eat all the greasy unhealthy stuff I used to eat. But, I'm also treating myself here and there with chocolate and other sugary stuff.

I went to the doctor last week and heard the baby's heart beat for the first time. It was very exciting and made being pregnant "real" somehow. I get my first ultrasound after Easter and I can't wait. I won't be able to find out the sex of the baby yet, but I'll be able to see it which is really cool.

I have had a cold this last week so I haven't been to the gym, but as soon as my daughter is feeling better we will be going back there so I can get into a routine again. My nausea is still around but not as bad as it was. I am hoping it will be completely gone in 2 weeks when I enter my second trimester.

My doctor also ok'd me going to a nutritionist to try to keep my weight down and avoid the gestational diabetes this time. I am really excited about that. I'm just waiting for the approval from my insurance company and once I get that I will make an appointment asap. It will feel good having a structured diet to follow again. I do well when I have that structure that I don't have right now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really weird. I just posted about how i'm always thinking of food and how it's a battle and a war for me. I wish I could make peace with it. Too bad I can't get pregnant...but that won't happen since I'm 54! :)

    Great job on only gaining 5 pounds in 6 weeks of being pregnant. Awesome job! I'm glad you're doing so well. Sounds like you have it under control.

    I can't wait to hear more about the baby. Be sure to keep posting...please!

    ReplyDelete