Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally back from vacation. It was a long 8 days. I love DisneyWorld, but when you actually get there and it's hot, the lines are long and you have a 3 year old in tow you start to think "Hmmm, maybe the idea of Disney is better than the actual thing." We did have fun, but I'm glad to be home.
We got the free Disney Dining plan while we were there, which mean 2 meals a day and a snack. Most days I only ate one meal because the portions are so large. I started out the week great. I had a great attitude and for the first 2 days really stuck to my plan. However, around day #3 it started to fall apart. On the dining plan, you get one "counter service" meal and one "sit down" meal which means that you have an actual wait person who takes your order and brings you food. BUT, the dangerous thing for me is you get TWO desserts, one with each meal. I had this little devil on my shoulder saying "It's free, you can't turn down free food." and there was no angel on the other shoulder arguing with that devil, so I gave in. I discovered creme brulee and OMG, is it good. I am a HUGE sweets fan and just couldn't resist. Honestly, at the time, I didn't want to resist. There are a few restaurants there that have REALLY good food there that I don't normally eat. I had the best steak I've ever had in my life at LeCellier in Epcot. I eat steak every once in a while, but the steak I had there was cooked to perfection.
Disney has come a long way in offering healthier options, but they still have a ways to go. Most of the counter service restaurants offered a salad, but it was a chicken caesar salad. Once you add that cheese and dressing, it's not very healthy after all. I tried to do some research before I left about the nutritional information of their foods, but didn't get very far. Most of the online menus are outdated and I couldn't find any information about the counter service foods.
I think my biggest challenge is going to be to get back on track now that I'm home. Eating all those sweets has taken it's toll on me mentally. Now I have to stop cold turkey. By the way, I did gain 4.5 pounds on my trip. It's ok, I will lose it this week. I am going to reduce my caloric intake a little and start working out again. My daughter has a cold so I won't be able to take her to the gym, but I will work out at home. I have to get back on track immediately or I risk gaining even more.
I have my Weight Watchers meeting tonight so hopefully that will help motivate me. I knew I'd gain some weight and 4.5 pounds isn't that bad considering what I ate. Hopefully it will be gone in a week and I can get back on track. My next goal is 199. I haven't set a date for that yet, but I'm planning on doing that later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment