Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm still plugging along with my diet. My exercise is pretty much non existent right now, but the diet is just going "OK." It could be much better, but at least I'm not gaining weight.

I have been shocked lately at how easy it is to slide back into old habits. I am back to needing just a little something sweet during the afternoon. I had broken that habit for a while, but I've gotten lazy. That's really the only thing I can say, I've gotten lazy. I have to be vigilant and I'm not right now. I know why too. I'm leaving next week to visit family and friends in PA and VA. I'm not going to be dieting then. I know it and they know it. So, I keep thinking "Why bother?" Why knock my self out before the trip knowing that next week I'm going to blow it.

I'll tell you why, because I don't want to gain any weight. I want to at least maintain. I can't do that if I'm eating junk in the afternoons. I don't really feel defeated right now, I just know that I can do better.

Last week I went to a charity event at my daughters school. I entered a raffle and won 4 personal training sessions with a female trainer at my gym! I keep thinking that will get me back on track but I can't see her until after my trip. So right now I'm thinking it's all going to start happening after my trip. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I do.

I just wanted to check in and say I'm not doing great, but I haven't given up. I will NEVER give up! I guess that's the most important thing right??

No comments:

Post a Comment