Thursday, February 23, 2012

All I can say is I'm ROCKIN' my diet. I've lost 12 pounds so far. In the past that would annoy me. "Only" losing 12 pounds after about 6 weeks, but I'm just excited now. I can see into the future and know that if I keep this up I WILL be at my goal by the end of the year. As I'm getting older these years are flying by anyway so what's a few extra months?

I have tweaked my diet a little. I am not only counting calories but I'm counting carbs. I'm trying to keep them under 100 a day. Some days that's not easy, but I'm doing it for the most part. My daughters 6th birthday was 2 weeks ago and we had 3 parties for her. That meant 3 days of birthday cakes. I had small pieces and threw the rest away. I also cut out calories on other things those days so I didn't feel bad eating that cake. I'm planning on going out to dinner with friends tomorrow night and I know I will have no problems getting back on track on Saturday.

I think I'm planning much more this time than in previous attempts to lose weight. It's so strange but this hasn't' felt like I've been on a diet for 6 weeks. I think my body is getting used to the smaller portions and not as much sugar and fat. I feel like I'm in a better mood too which is strange. Usually diets cause bad moods, but I am physically starting to feel better which makes my mood better.

The only thing I am not doing is exercising. I really need to start doing that. I don't want to work hard to lose weight and then then have flab all over my body. The baby is slowly but surely starting to get better around strangers and I just have to force myself to leave her in the daycare at the gym. We've all been sick for weeks so that was an easy excuse. We are all better now so I need to just force myself to go.

1 comment: