Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I have seriously neglected this blog. I haven't had much to say lately.

I just got back from vacation last week. Took the family to Disneyworld. I don't usually post that stuff prior to the vacation because I don't want people to know that my house will be empty for a week. You just never know how reads your blog. Anyway, I thought I would have gained a TON of weight because with the dining plan at Disney, I am basically eating all day long. I was very relieved to find that I only gained one pound the whole week! Talk about relieved.

I've been in kind of a funk lately. I know that if I don't have my diet right, exercise will not do that much for weight loss. So, I've put both on the back burner. Today I got on the scale and saw that I've lost 4 pounds in this last week. That has renewed my motivation! I guess I should back track and say that I have been watching what I eat this past week. I have not been on a "diet" but just holding back on the amount of junk I consume. So far it is paying off. Makes me wonder how much I could have lost if I was on an actual diet.

The thing is, life is really busy right now. I have to incorporate a busy life and being healthy. It's always in the back of my mind that I'll be better "tomorrow." That thinking has caused me to gain weight these last few months. I am starting to think that I need to be healthy now. Today. Not some random time in the future.

This weekend is my baby's first birthday party. That means cake and pizza and junk. Ugh. I'm going to get some salad and a fruit bowl and try to be as good as I can be.

I know this post is random and all over the place but I have about 5 minutes to write before taking my daughter to school and I wanted to get something written today. I want to get back to blogging and keeping track of my food intake. That seems to be the only things that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment