Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I know I haven't been posting much lately but that's because I don't have much to say. I'm following this diet and not gaining any weight. I'm not working out. My days seem to be getting busier and busier and that's given me reasons to blow off working out. I know I will regret it later.

I know the fact that I am not gaining is why I don't feel the need to work out. However, I know doing some cardio each day will help me when I deliver this baby. I guess I just don't care. I'm still feeling really weak most days from this diet and don't feel up to it. I honestly cannot wait to get back to my "normal" eating. I do think I've managed to conquer my portion control issues. If I can just manage that, I won't put any weight back on after the baby comes.

That is my fear. With my first daughter I put on all the weight (40 lbs) AFTER she was born. I was depressed and ate whatever I wanted to eat. I'd drive to McDonalds almost every day and eat 2 double cheeseburgers and let my daughter sleep. I can't let that happen this time.

I think my mind set right now is "wait until the baby comes and then I'll get back on track." I know it's not the best mentality, but it is what it is. At the most I have 3 weeks to go. I know I won't be able to work out for a few weeks (and my gym membership expires on October 1) but if I can get into some sort of routine while my husband is home, it might make it easier once he goes back to work to stick with it. He'll be home for 6 weeks which will take us to Thanksgiving.

I think it's so interesting that the majority of the blogs I read are stalling as well. Is it the time of year? Are people just getting busier?

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say I'm still alive. No baby yet. I get an ultrasound on Friday to see how big the baby is and then my OB will tell me if they are going to induce me before my due date or not. The appointment was supposed to be today but it was cancelled. I am so bummed! I'm kind of a control freak so I was looking forward to coming up with a plan. I will keep you posted once I know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment