Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! It sure has been a Merry Christmas at my house today. Having a 4 year old has made this Christmas extra special. She is excited about Santa and all the presents she got today. Times sure have changed. I used to be able to just relax on Christmas day and look at the stuff I got and now it's putting toys together and making Christmas dinner. Oh well, I like it better this way.

I think one of the best gifts I got was my new Weight Watchers guides/books and the calculator. I have a few days to go through everything so I'm ready on Jan 1 to start the program again. I haven't been good these past 2 weeks although I have maintained my weight. One of the reasons I've been able to do this is that I got the stomach flu last week and lost 5 lbs. Ever since then I've stayed the same weight. I guess that's good. I did want to lose this month, but I guess maintaining is better then gaining for sure.

My husband is off work this coming week so my only goal is to get into a work out routine. I have to figure out a way to do it. I watched the finale of the Biggest Loser and I can't remember her name (Burgandy maybe?) said that she doesn't want to get up at 5 am to work out, but she does. If that's what I have to do, I'll do it. 2011 is going to be the year that I get healthy.

I went to my brothers house last night to celebrate Christmas and my Sister in Law has lost 140 pounds over this last year and a half. I know there was some supplement she was taking the first few months but she claims she hasn't taken that in a long time. I can't even tell you how consumed I was with jealousy. She was always stick thin when she was younger, but then had kids and piled on the weight. When she was fat, I felt like I could relate to her better. Now she's skinny (and she is skinny) and all I feel is jealousy. I can't even be happy for her which is just terrible.

So, this is the year. It's going to happen. I also got a weight loss book. It's written by Marianne Williamson. She used to be the "minister" at our Church. She ties losing weight in with religion somehow. This was the book Oprah had on her favorite things show. Anyway, the only reason I wanted another weight loss book is because I really liked Marianne. I could really relate to her and really liked going to Church when she was here. We'll see if I get anything out of it. Of course the back of the book gets me all wound up thinking this is going to "be the one" that finally explains to me why I'm fat and how I can miraculously take the weight off once and for all. We'll see.

I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas. It truly is a magical time of year if you don't get caught up in all the crap associated with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment